Tuesday, July 21, 2020

The color of milk
By sihem Cherif

                    

I softly heard you whimpering
I instinctively responded  to your  thirst
I  rushed  first
Holding  you with  care
Neared  you  to my chest
I proudly  gave you the breast
you  are white,  I  am   black
you enjoyed my milk
I felt you whining with satisfaction
I never  thought of your color
when I gave  you the breast
Ah, baby! I  just wanted to quench your thirst
Ah, baby! motherhood is such a mission
Motherhood  has  no color
when the bell  of hunger  tolls
And  you need  me
Race  and color are hallow
I deliberately give you the breast
And make from my lap
your  prosperous  nest
@sihem  Cherif  20 /O7  /20 20

picture  credited  to the owner

No comments:

Post a Comment

المنتدى الدولي للإبداع والإنسانية المملكة المغربية

Iris Calif    Photography Combined Vith Painting: The Artist Zehava Neter Model: Iris Calif Iris Calif , Resident of the State of Israel, po...