Wednesday, June 10, 2020


By Joanna Svensson

                           

I WILL MARRY YOU

I will marry you
In all my future lives
For you have lit the stars
On my dusky path of life

A path full of stones
On which I used to stumble and fall
With eyes that could see nothing
For the straight jacket of darkness
Made me blind

Blind and unseeing
Unseeing the good
In the one that had hurt me
So many times
Because of no reason
Just because - just because

I asked myself
So many times - so many times
Why?
Although I knew
I would never get no answer

But then you - came into my life
Like a burning torch
With warmth and love
And kind words of comfort

And I will never
Ever forget
When first I saw
The stars of hope
Light up
I saw them
In your eyes

Suddenly my road of life
Became lighter - brighter
Easier to bare
Suddenly I felt love
Love in full bloom
All around me
Everywhere

Your power of love
Your strength
Reflected in me
Comfort and security

And now I know
No matter how
The day our bodies
The day our souls
No longer dwell
Upon this earth

I will marry you
In all my future lives
For you have
For ever more
Lit the stars
For me!

©® Joanna Svensson
© Private picture Joanna Svensson

No comments:

Post a Comment

المنتدى الدولي للإبداع والإنسانية المملكة المغربية

Iris Calif    Photography Combined Vith Painting: The Artist Zehava Neter Model: Iris Calif Iris Calif , Resident of the State of Israel, po...