Friday, August 23, 2019

THE DRAGONFLY
Joanna Svensson
                                                      
A shining dragonfly suddenly landed
On my newly written poem
It gazed at me with astonished eyes
And asked somewhat confused

Why am I not in your new poem?
I - who am so beautiful
You paint the summer with such joyful words
With lovely flowers and butterflies

You fill with love each corner of your poems
A new-striped dress-coat for the bumble-bee
The nightingale and his evening aria
The fragrance of the apple tree
You write of fabulous night of summer
With the fullest of a full moon

But what about me then? Who am so pretty
With magic colors in different shades
Who makes pirouettes on the water surface
Like a master of the ballet

You have not yet put me on paper
But if you do you will clearly see
The words you paint with will be enchanted
Just like the loveliest summer myth!

©® Joanna Svensson
© Private picture Joanna Svensson

No comments:

Post a Comment

المنتدى الدولي للإبداع والإنسانية المملكة المغربية

Iris Calif    Photography Combined Vith Painting: The Artist Zehava Neter Model: Iris Calif Iris Calif , Resident of the State of Israel, po...