Wednesday, March 20, 2024

 Dr SHALINI YADAV 







Dr Shalini Yadav was born at Rohtak in Haryana (India). That's poet, writer, humanitarian, ambassador of peace and professor, holds a PhD in Post-colonial Literature and M. Phil in English Language Teaching (ELT) from the University of Rajasthan. During her tenure as an educator in India, Libya and Saudi Arabia, she has participated and presented papers at conferences, chaired sessions and delivered keyspeeches. She has written scholarly research articles for various National and International refereed journals and edited volumes. She is an active member of various literary societies. She is also an efficacious member of the editorial boards of various qualitative journals and Magazines. She has authored and edited 13 books till now. She is recipient of Savitribai Phule Excellence Award-2023, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Award-2023 and Acharya Mahaveer Prasad Dwivedi Award.


HUMANITY AND PEACE


Dust and rages take us nowhere,

We all wish to live United here.


A sonless mother with dried tears;

Or a woman trying to save her respect, she wears;

After listening a cry from a heart of a child;

How can we be so barbaric and wild?


All and sundry have the same blood,

Then why to fill the earth with corpses flood?


Be the ambassador of peace and harmony

Feeding the starving souls a spoon of affection's honey.


It's not so difficult achieving the state of bliss

We just need to discard the demon's kiss.


Embracing and enlivening sensitivity,

Can be enroute to positivity and sensitivity.


Battles and Mayhems be the pointless

When we stand together with kindness.


Respect and empathy are humane essence,

Where poetry adds more in the fragrance.

                                                  

SURVIVOR 


I realize every so often

Diaspora within myself

Where the displacement occurs

Two spheres; two identities 

I keep on crossing the borders of each

As what I am supposed to be sometimes

Or what I am exactly

My identity disperses

From one periphery to another

Sensitized estrangement 

Distancing hostility 

Which I often experience

And resist with great efforts

Within and in exterior

Adjustment of two identities

Which try to surmount one another

I shuttle between both

Which are two different shelves of me

As opposite to each other

Sometimes conflict;

 Attempt to overlap 

I am occupied by both

Keep on shifting

When I enter in one’s margin

The other continues to haunt me

As one is traditional and customary 

Another is enlightened and contemporary

They combat and fight back

And try to change them

From hyphenated 

To un-hyphenated identity

I face an ever changing uncertainty

This makes me an outsider

Occasionally deep inside me

The sense of impermanence 

Makes me a diasporic within

And I exist between two opposite poles

It requires lots of strength and vigour

To suffer the trauma 

To adjust myself

Between the pull and push of two selves

Furthermore I try to assimilate them

I apply the strategy of negotiation

And carry on with hyphenated identity

To be a competent survivor.


EDGING THE RIVER 


Wavering and swift you are

But don’t wipe out

The environs

That encircles you 

The woods 

Which you pass through

Those trees 

Standing still to see your flow 

That soil 

Where you leave marks 

It’s not righteous 

Flowing boisterously 

Playing carelessly 

Amusing frankly 

Crossing unknowingly 

So be with your water’s edge

As a river you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

المنتدى الدولي للإبداع والإنسانية المملكة المغربية

Iris Calif    Photography Combined Vith Painting: The Artist Zehava Neter Model: Iris Calif Iris Calif , Resident of the State of Israel, po...