Written by- Priyanka Jalan
The Light You Left Behind
The river knows the sea
only after it leaves the mountain;
the bird discovers the sky
only after it loses the branch.
And I discovered the measure of my love
only after I learned
how to walk away from you.
Perhaps some truths arrive late—
not because they are less true,
but because the heart
must first become quiet enough to hear them.
So, if my words reach you too late,
let them arrive gently—
like moonlight touching
a window that no longer waits for dawn.
I loved you then.
I love you still.
And perhaps some loves
were never written
to become a life together.
Perhaps they were written
to become a light within the soul—
a quiet constellation
no distance can erase,
no silence can extinguish,
no ending can teach the heart to forget.
You became the song
I could not keep,
yet could never stop hearing—
a melody wandering through my silence,
long after the singer
had disappeared into the night.
I love you so much—
more deeply than I understood,
more silently than I ever confessed,
and perhaps more truly
than my younger heart
was ever wise enough to say.
If love means holding,
I have learned to let you go.
If love means forgetting,
then I have failed completely.
But if love means
carrying someone's light
without asking them to return—
then perhaps,
even in losing you,
I have loved you
the purest way
my soul ever knew how.
@P@J
Date- 15/8/26
Written by- Priyanka Jalan

No comments:
Post a Comment