Sunday, March 22, 2020


Poem by Narsing Bongu Rao
One World


Gathering a handful,
as I moved on,
to pluck more flowers;
a strange musical note,
reached my ears,
only to surprise me,
as, amazing was it to,
to see all the flowers
in my hand joining in.

It was like a mass,
singing together,
with highs and lows,
and their songs about their life,
right from birth to the very end.

Strange was it all,
as their elegy
sounded enjoyable for me,
as they expressed,
their love and lust for life,
yet on a serious note,
on how short it after all was.

The end of the performance,
hit me hard,
making me restless,
for, their song strikingly philosophical,
telling about their life on earth,
yet concluding with positivity,
of all being well.

A lesson well learnt,
I surely realized,
how little I know of them,
but yet, made it clear
that we are all,
part of the same world.

The necessity to co-exist,
and respecting the laws of Nature,
yet, we at times go against them,
but the ultimate thing to realize,
is that we all have to comeback
to mother’s lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

المنتدى الدولي للإبداع والإنسانية المملكة المغربية

Iris Calif    Photography Combined Vith Painting: The Artist Zehava Neter Model: Iris Calif Iris Calif , Resident of the State of Israel, po...